There is a game of tag going around the blogging community right now, and I guess I’m”it”.
No, not that It.
I’ve been tagged by the awesome Samantha Warren. To play, you simply need to be tagged by someone. Then you list 10 random facts about yourself and tag four more people. Here are my random facts. Brace yourselves!
1. I’ve been obsessed with cemeteries and gravestones since I was a kid. No idea why. Maybe it’s because my parents used to drag us kids to the local family cemetery down at the Oregon Coast once a year for a gardening session. In any case, I still find them wonderfully peaceful and full of inspirational little sparks flying around.
2. I love coffee. I love chocolate. I love eating chocolate things while drinking coffee. What I hate is when they mix coffee and chocolate together. Like putting a few teaspoons of coffee into a chocolate cake. Or coffee cream filled chocolates. NASTY! I love mochas, though. Go figure.
3. I’m allergic to seafood. Which is fine by me. I hate fish with an ever loving passion.
4. I am also obsessed with the apocalypse. Or rather, surviving said apocalypse and rebuilding society like a futuristic Swiss Family Robinson. Again, no idea why.
5. I’ve been living here five years, but I still sometimes wander around London gaping like a bloody tourist. All I can do is think in awe, “I live here. I really, really live here.”
6. Willy Wonky and the Chocolate Factory scared the ever lovin’ beejesus out of me when I was a kid. You know when the German boy falls into the river of chocolate and then gets sucked up that tube? Then they all travel with Willy Wonka through that creepy tunnel on that horrid boat? Yeah, nightmares for weeks.
7. I once had the most amazingly vivid dream about vampires from outer space. (Yes, I know how odd that is that Willy Wonky gives me nightmares but vampires from outer space are fun.) Yes, I will write a book about it.
8. I’m mildly obsessed with Latin dance. I’ve learned salsa, meringue, forro’, samba, and some other dance I can’t pronounce but has something to do with Carnivale in Rio. Yes, sometimes I let loose and boogie in my bedroom. You got a problem with that?
9. I used to be able to quote every line in The Princess Bride. I’m pretty sure I can still do most of it.
10. I’m actually the normal one in my family. No really. Ask anyone.
And now TAG … these guys are IT!
Prudence MacLeod (No relation. Honest. Not that either of us would mind if we were!)